This article will show you how to run a report. Before you complete these steps, you will first need to access reporting. For the page on how to access the reports section in BackOffice, click here.
To run a report, navigate to the reports section and then follow the below steps:
1. Click on the number for the required report in the Report # field. In the example below, we will run the 'All Transaction Detail' report.
2. The selected report name will appear in the bottom part of the window frame. Report parameters are required be entered in this section to filter down to the results required. In this example, a date range is entered - select the calendar buttons to choose the requested dates. Date ranges should not exceed one month of data for the speed of execution for the report.
3. Select either Download Report or View Report to generate the report for the parameters entered.
- If the report is a CSV file, there is no difference in choosing the Download report or View Report options. Clicking either option will result in a prompt to open or save the file. Clicking Open will result in the Report being opened in Excel. Clicking Save, the user will be prompted for a location to save the file.
- For PDF Files, different functionality is offered by the Download Report and View Report options. If Download Report is selected, you will be asked to open or save the file. If View Report is selected, the report is opened in BackOffice.
- If you attempt a large date range you could receive a timeout error after the report attempting to execute. If this occurs you will need to re-try to download or view report with a shorter date range selected.
Note: If a particular user cannot view this functionality it is likely that they do not have the necessary privileges. Click here for an article on user groups and permissions.