Creation of users is a function that can only be performed by admins. If the below functionality cannot be seen by a user it is because they do not have admin privileges (for more information on user groups and privileges click here).
To setup a user please follow the below steps:
- Log in to BackOffice.
- Select File and then New User to create a new user.
- The 'New User' page is displayed as below. Select the appropriate User Group for the new user from the drop down list displayed.
- Enter the user details then click Save:
- User Name (Best practice is to use firstname.lastname or email address as the username format)
- Password and Password Confirm. Note: The Password should be the last item you enter. (If additional information is modified after entering the password, the password field will reset and will need to be re-entered.)
- Tick if the user should be prompted to update their password on first login.
- Tick if the user should be an Administrator user i.e. ability to create and modify users.
- First and Last Name of the user.
- Email, the users email address which will be used for password resets.
- Dept and Comments are optional fields to complete
- After a new user has been successfully created, they will appear in the list of users as illustrated below. You can access the user’s information through this screen to edit their details if required by clicking on their 'User #'.